You can easily block or redirect an online site making use of settings on your firewall or router. But did you know you can easily block or redirect web sites making use of Active Directory Domain solutions (DNS) aswell? Just make use of these actions.
This guide assumes you’ve got Administrator legal rights in your Active Directory Environment, with use of Microsoft Management Console.
Producing Ahead Lookup Zone
- Choose “Start“, type “mmc.exe“, then hit “Enter“.
- The Microsoft Management Console seems. Choose “File” > “Add/Remove Snap In…“.
- Include the “DNS” snap in, then select “OK“
- Select “DNS” from the remaining pane. You need to be prompted to “Connect to DNS Server“. Choose “This computer” if you’re logged to the DNS server, or select “The following computer” and enter the website name or internet protocol address regarding the DNS host you want to connect with. Choose “OK” if you are done.
- Now expand the host title under DNS and right-click “Forward Lookup Zones” and select “New Zone“.
- This new Zone Wizard seems. [···]